This week’s roundup of live entertainment in and around Manchester is brought to you by A. Robert Dionne of Ted Herbert Music School & Rentals. Email your entertainment events to [email protected] for review. Be sure to add your events to the InkLink Community Calendar for possible inclusion in the live radio report on WMNH 95.3 (The Morning Show with Peter White – “World of Entertainment” LIVE every Thursday at 8am)
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 1
- Justin Cohn / The Foundry (Manchester) / 5 p.m.
- Lou Antonucci / Cactus Jack’s (Manchester) / 5 p.m.
- Jess Olson / Homestead (Merrimack) / 5:30 p.m.
- Eric Marcs / Common Man (Windham) / 6 p.m.
- Liam Spain / To Share Brewing Company (Manchester) / 6:30 p.m.
- Dave Zangri / Copper Door (Bedford) / 7 p.m.
- Peter Higgins / Strange Brew Tavern (Manchester) / 8pm
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 2
- Ariel Strasser / Backyard Brewery (Manchester) / 6 p.m.
- Dave Ayotte Duo / Derryfield Deck (Manchester) / 6 p.m.
- The Brother’s Cohn / Murphy’s (Bedford) / 6 p.m.
- Chris Fraga / KC’s Rib Shack (Manchester) / 6 p.m.
- Charlie Chronopoulos / Over the Moon Farmstead (Pittsfield) / 7 p.m.
- All Day Fire / Sabatino North Italian Restaurant (Derry) / 7pm
- J-Lo / Stumble Inn (Londonderry) / 8pm
- 603’s / Telly’s (Epping) / 8 p.m.
- Red Eye Riot / Angel City Music Hall (Manchester) / 9pm
- Waking Finnegan / Strange Brew Tavern (Manchester) / 9pm
- Doug Thompson / Gas Light Pub (Portsmouth) / 9:30 p.m.
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 3
- Renegade Cartel / Makris Lobster & Steak House (Concord) / 12 p.m.
- Paul Driscoll / Great North Aleworks (Manchester) / 4pm
- Ralph Allen / Murphy’s (Manchester) / 5:30 p.m.
- Casey Roop / The Hill Bar & Grill (Manchester) / 5:30 p.m.
- Chris Lester / Northeast Delta Dental Stadium (Manchester) / 5:30 p.m.
- Jae Mannion / Firefly (Manchester) / 6 p.m.
- Paul Lussier / Luna Bistro (Salem) / 6 p.m.
- Laura Lee / Bellissimo Italian Steakhouse (Nashua) / 6 p.m.
- Slack Tide / Pipe Dream Brewing (Londonderry) / 6:30 p.m.
- Jared Moore / Chen Yang Li (Arc) / 7 p.m.
- Whiskey Horse / Bonfire (Manchester) / 9 p.m.
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 4
- Chuck Alaimo / Firefly (Manchester) / 11am
- Steve Prisby / Copper Door (Salem) / 11am
- Alex Cohen / Concord Craft Brewing (Concord) / 2 p.m.
- Jodee Frawlee / Elm House Patio (Manchester) / 2pm
- Mark Lapointe / Stella Blu (Nashua) / 3 p.m.
- Eric Lindberg / Colby Hill Inn (Henniker) / 4:30 p.m.
- Rockin’ Daddios / Leavitt Theater (Ogunquit) / 7pm
Always be sure to check a venue’s website or social media for last minute changes.
EVENTS TO COME:
It’s a holiday weekend and most sites are dark for the weekend, so here are some upcoming events to plan ahead!
BIG BAD VOODOO DADDY / Tupelo Music Hall (Derry) / September 8e at 20 hours
April 2022 marked the 29th anniversary of Big Bad Voodoo Daddy’s notable arrival on the music scene. Since forming in the early 90s in Ventura, California, the group has toured virtually nonstop, averaging over 150 shows a year, and produced a massive catalog of recorded music, with sales of over $2 million. albums to date. Early on, during their legendary residency at the Derby nightclub in Los Angeles, they reminded the world, in the midst of the grunge era no less, that it was always cool to swing. The group, co-founded by vocalist Scotty Morris and drummer Kurt Sodergren, was at the forefront of the swing revival of that era, blending a vibrant fusion of the classic American sounds of jazz, swing and dixieland, with the energy and spirit of contemporary culture. www.tupelomusichall.com or (603) 437-5100
JONATHAN EDWARDS / Rex Theater (Manchester) / September 10e at 7:30 p.m.
Warm as the summer sun, real as the truth, intimate as a long-awaited visit between old friends… such is a Jonathan Edwards concert. Four decades into a stellar career of uncompromising musical integrity, the man simply delivers, night after night – songs of passion, songs of insight, songs of humor, all rendered in that pure, powerful tenor that, as good wine, has only softened. with age. He’s a veteran performer who isn’t grizzled or nostalgic. These days, Jonathan is likely to be found on the road. I… did what I do best, which was to perform in front of people. I focused on that and loved it,” he says. www.rextheatre.org or (603)668-5588
DANIEL TOSH (LIVE) / Chubb Theater – CCANH (Concord) / September 10 at 7pm & 9.30pm
Best known from Comedy Central’s Tosh.O, Daniel Tosh will host an evening of stand-up comedy. www.ccanh.com or (603)225-1111
HOWIE MANDEL LIVE / Palace Theater (Manchester) / September 11e at 19 ‘o clock
Howie Mandel has remained a constant force in show business for over 30 years. Related story here. Mandel’s versatile career has encompassed virtually every aspect of the entertainment spectrum, including television, film and stage. From his work on the film “St. Elsewhere,” to the international children’s animated series “Bobby’s World,” Mandel has become a mainstay of the American comedy scene. In 2009, Mandel added the author to his resume. when he published his candid, funny and unrestrained memoir, “Here’s the Deal: Don’t Touch Me.” The memoir revealed his lifelong struggle with OCD and ADHD, and how it shaped his life and career. www.palacetheatre.org or (603)668-5588
DISNEY’S LITTLE MERMAID / Palace Theater (Manchester) from September 16 to October 2
Based on one of Hans Christian Andersen’s most beloved stories and Disney’s classic animated film The Little Mermaid is a hauntingly beautiful love story for the ages. With music by eight-time Oscar winner Alan Menken, this fish fable will capture your heart with its irresistible songs, including “Under the Sea”, “Kiss the Girl” and “Part of Your World”. 4-PACK FAMILY SPECIAL (2 adult tickets, 2 children ages 6-12) for $100 – use code ARIEL4 www.palacetheatre.org or (603)668-5588
MAJESTIC-OPOLY / Majestic Theater (Manchester) / September 23 & 24
Join us for our 17th Annual Auction and Performance Fundraiser! Performances by Majestic adult, teen and youth actors, silent auctions including tickets and passes to arts and cultural venues, electronics, gift baskets, restaurant gift certificates, artwork art and more! There is something for every taste ! Special themed raffles and refreshments each evening. www.majestictheatre.net or (603)669-7469
Visit The WEEKENDER here for more featured events in the city this weekend!