This week’s roundup of shows in and around Manchester is brought to you by A. Robert Dionne of Ted Herbert Music School & Rentals. If you are aware of anything coming up in the live music scene, send it to [email protected] for review. You can also list your music event in the InkLink Community Calendar.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 4e
- Paul Nelson / Currier (Manchester) / 5 p.m.
- Austin McCarthy / Fratello’s (Manchester) / 5.30 p.m.
- Mike Gallant / Village Trestle (Goffstown) / 6 p.m.
- Jessica Olson / Homestead (Merrimack) / 6 p.m.
- Paul Driscoll / To Share Brewing Company (Manchester) / 6.30 p.m.
- Pat Dowling / The Goat (Manchester) / 7 p.m.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 5e
- Chris O’Neill / Lazy Lion (Deerfield) / 5 p.m.
- Eric Marcs / La Fonderie (Manchester) / 6 p.m.
- Kimayo / Backyard Brewery (Manchester) / 6 p.m.
- Martin and Kelly / Bonfire (Manchester) / 7 p.m.
- Nicole Knox Murphy / Auburn Pitts (Auburn) / 7 p.m.
- Rainbow Friday / Zone 23 (Concord) / 7 p.m.
- BJ Magoon & Driving Sideways / Strange Brew (Manchester) / 9 p.m.
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 6e
- Paul Driscoll / Great North Aleworks (Manchester) / 4 p.m.
- Ze Ivan / Liquid Therapy (Nashua) / 5 p.m.
- Lucas Gallo / To Share Brewing Company (Manchester) / 5 p.m.
- The Slakas / Stumble Inn (London) / 8 p.m.
- Jonny Friday / South Side Tavern (Manchester) / 8 p.m.
- Chad Lamarsh / Derryfield (Manchester) / 8 p.m.
- DeadBeat / Pasta Loft (Milford) / 9 p.m.
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 7e
- Marc Apostolides / Copper Gate (Bedford) / 11am
- Tombstone / Sawbelly (Exeter) / 3 p.m.
- Dave Glanon / Village Trestle (Goffstown) / 3:30 p.m.
Always be sure to check a place’s website or Facebook page for last minute changes.
The Palace Theater
80, rue de Hanovre ~ www.palacetheatre.org (603)668-5588
MAMMA MIA / October 15-November 14 (Mainstage)
- ABBA’s hits tell the hilarious story of a young woman in search of her biological father. This sunny and funny tale takes place on a paradise Greek island. On the eve of her wedding, a girl’s quest to uncover her father’s identity brings three men from her mother’s past to the island they last visited 20 years ago. The storytelling magic of ABBA’s timeless songs propels this enchanting story of love, laughter and friendship, creating an unforgettable spectacle. A large cast, non-stop laughs and explosive dance numbers combine to make Mamma Mia! a resounding success guaranteed for any theater. A mother. A girl. Three possible dads. And a trip down the aisle you will never forget!
THE NUTCRACKER / November 19-21
A CHRISTMAS SONG / November 26-December 22
RECYCLED PERCUSSION / December 27-January 8
The majestic theater
880, rue des pages ~ www.majestictheatre.net (603)669-7469
ALL TOGETHER NOW / November 12-13
- Join us on Friday November 12 and Saturday November 13 for our 16th Annual Auction and Performance Fundraiser. All together now! is a global celebration of local theater. Come and enjoy performances by adult, adolescent and youth actors from Majestic, silent auctions and raffles, all for the benefit of future artistic and musical opportunities for the community.
BEYOND THE RIVER AND THROUGH THE WOODS / November 19-21
- Nick is an Italian-American bachelor from New Jersey. Her parents retired and moved to Florida. That doesn’t mean his family isn’t in Jersey yet. In fact, he sees his grandparents’ two sets every Sunday for dinner. It’s routine until he has to tell them he’s been offered a dream job. The job he was waiting for – marketing manager – would take him away from his beloved, but boring grandparents. He tells them. The news is not that good. So begins a series of ploys to keep Nick around. How could he betray his family’s love to move to Seattle, for a job, his grandparents wonder? Well Frank, Aida, Nunzio and Emma are doing their best, and that includes bringing the lovely and single Caitlin O’Hare to dinner as baitâ¦ we won’t give the end here.
23 Amherst Street ~ www.rextheatre.org (603)668-5588
FRIDAY NIGHT COMEDY with CAROLYN PLUMMER & FRIENDS / NOVEMBER 5e at 7:30 p.m.
- Carolyn Plummer. May God help us. Some comics draw on the monumental events of the day or the missteps of the rich and famous. Not Carolyn. Carolyn pulls material from the hum, from the everyday monotony of everyone’s life; and she does it well. For Carolyn, the monumental is easyâ¦ it’s our existence that is so hard and yet so ridiculous. Some women look at themselves in the mirror and complain that they are not pretty enough, not rich enough, not young enough. Carolyn gives her reflection a middle finger.
THE U2 SHOW / NOVEMBER 6e at 7:30 p.m.
- THE U2 SHOW plays ALL of U2’s hits, plus some of the most popular B-sides. The group is made up of fanatic U2 fans who are also amazing musicians and while it doesn’t take incredible musicality to physically perform U2’s music, it takes a lot of dedication and study to EMULATE the original one- of-a from U2. – nice sounds. The guitarist of the U2 show has studied and perfected the sounds of “The Edge” over the past 20 years in and out of various U2 tribute groups. The lead singer of The U2 Show is known as one of TWO U2 tribute singers that Bono himself called “amazing”. They have both toured with many U2 ââtribute groups as guitarist and / or vocalist, and they have both covered guitarist and vocalist positions for many U2 ââtribute groups seamlessly when they are called out. asked to do so. They have become known as the âgo to guyâ by other U2 tributes around the world whenever a U2 tribute band needs a âBonoâ or âThe Edgeâ. “THE U2 SHOW” is the closest to hiring the U2 group.
MUSIC: HOLLYWOOD NIGHTS – Tribute to Bob Seger / NOVEMBER 6e at 20 hours
- Tupelo Music Room / www.tupelohall.com
- Hollywood Nights – The Bob Seger Experience is the ultimate tribute to Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band. This New Jersey-based 9-room powerhouse set out to recreate everything about Bob and his music down to the smallest detail. Determined to leave nothing behind, Hollywood Nights even tours with a baby grand piano. The group is proud to continue the incredible groundwork established by Bob over the past 30 years. They share the belief that only Bob and his fans have come to know, learn and love: representing every fan’s voice, their values, their working-class background and the love of rock’n’roll. If you are a true Bob Seger fan, you won’t want to miss Hollywood Nights!
MUSIC: SYMPHONY NH – “Suites et Schubert” / NOVEMBER 6e at 7:30 p.m.
- Symphony New Hampshire will present âSuites and Schubertâ at St. Mary and Archangel Michael Coptic Orthodox Church (39 Chandler St. in Nashua).
- Tickets: $ 30 ($ 25 for seniors; children 18 and under enter free).
FAMILY EVENT: TOE JAM PUPPET SHOW / NOVEMBER 4e at 1 pm
- The Pembroke City Library (313 Pembroke Street in Pembroke; 485-7851,
pembroke-nh.com/library) will present the Toe Jam Puppet Band variety show in the library parking lot. Dress warmly and bring chairs for a show with the âWacky and Wildâ group.
COMEDY THIS WEEKEND:
- Kenny Rogerson / Chunky’s (Manchester) / November 5e and 6e at 8:30 p.m.
- Kyle Crawford / Chunky’s (Nashua) / November 5e and 6e at 8:30 p.m.
- Brian Beaudion Headliners / DoubleTree by Hilton (Manchester) / November 6e at 8:30 p.m.
Email your entertainment events to [email protected] for exam. Be sure to add your events to the InkLink calendar for possible inclusion in the live radio reporting on WMNH 95.3 (The Morning Show with Peter White – “World of Entertainment” LIVE Thursdays at 8am).