This week’s roundup of shows in and around Manchester is brought to you by A. Robert Dionne of Ted Herbert Music School & Rentals. If you are aware of anything coming up in the live music scene, send it to [email protected] for review. You can also list your music event in the InkLink Community Calendar.
THURSDAY 11 NOVEMBERe
- Charlie Chronopoulos / Currier (Manchester) / 5 p.m.
- Paul Lussier / Fratello’s (Manchester) 5:30 p.m.
- Sean Coleman / Homestead (Merrimack) / 6 p.m.
- Chris Toler and HIZZY / The Goat (Manchester) / 7 p.m.
- Becca Myari / Strange Brew (Manchester) / 7 p.m.
- Jonny Friday (Open Mic) / Angel City Music Hall (Manchester) / 8 p.m.
FRIDAY 12 NOVEMBERe
- Brother Seamus / Village Trestle (Goffstown) / 6 p.m.
- Senie Hunt / The Foundry (Manchester) / 6 p.m.
- Dave Zangri / Fratello’s (Nashua) / 6 p.m.
- Isaiah Bennett / Bonfire (Manchester) 7 p.m.
- The Ride / Derryfield (Manchester) / 8 p.m.
- Justin Jordan / South Side Tavern (Manchester) / 8 p.m.
- Lamont Smooth / Zone 23 (Concord) / 9 p.m.
- Fatha Groove / Pasta Loft (Milford) / 9 p.m.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 13e
- Ken Budka / Backyard Brewery (Manchester) / 6 p.m.
- Ralph Allen / Bus stop (London) / 6 p.m.
- Songs with Molly / To Share Brewing Company (Manchester) / 6.30 p.m.
- Eye of Age Acoustic / Molly’s Tavern (New Boston) / 7 p.m.
- Phil Sargent / Hermanos (Concord) / 7 p.m.
- Little Kings / Stumble Inn (London) / 8 p.m.
- Nate Bash Band / Thirsty Moose (Portsmouth) / 9 p.m.
- Take 4 / The Peddler’s Daughter (Nashua) / 9:30 p.m.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 14e
- Mike Forgette / The Goat (Manchester) / 10am
- Nate Comp / Copper door (Bedford) / 11am
- Bob Pratte & Lenny Bradford / Village Trestle (Goffstown) / 3:30 p.m.
- Open Mic Blues Jam / Strange Brew (Manchester) / 7 p.m.
Always make sure to check a place’s website or Facebook page for last minute changes.
The Palace Theater
80, rue de Hanovre ~ www.palacetheatre.org (603)668-5588
MAMMA MIA / October 15-November 14 (Mainstage) – FINAL WEEK-END!
LIAM SPAIN – COMPOSER IN THE ROUND / November 14e at 5.30 p.m. (Spotlight room)
- Join host Liam Spain as he brings together some of the region’s best singer-songwriters for an intimate evening of stories and songs.
THE NUTCRACKER / November 19-21 (Mainstage)
A CHRISTMAS SONG / November 26-December 22 (Mainstage)
23 Amherst Street ~ www.rextheatre.org (603)668-5588
FRIDAY NIGHT COMEDY with KELLY MacFARLAND / NOVEMBER 12e at 7:30 p.m.
- A little rude, a lot of daring and a lot of fun! Kelly MacFarland is an experienced stand-up comedian with comedy stage appearances at the Boston Calling Music Festival, Lucille Ball Comedy Festival, and NBC’s Last Comic Standing. This is one person you won’t want to miss!
MANCHESTER CHORAL SOCIETY – ANNELIES / NOVEMBER 14e at 3:00 p.m.
- The 60-voice Manchester Choral Society performs Whitbourn’s “Annelies”. The oratorio brings to life the diary written by Annelies Marie Frank between 1942 and 1944 when she and her family hid in an Amsterdam warehouse. From the windows, Anne looked up at the beauty of the sky and down at the brutality inflicted by the Nazis. The contrasting views have inspired some of the deepest and most memorable thoughts in an extraordinary diary, now expressed through the beautiful music of James Whitbourn
- Emily Trubey, soprano Viktoria Tchertchian, violin Stephanie Jenkins, clarinet Harel Gietheim, cello Charles Blood, piano
The majestic theater
880, rue des pages ~ www.majestictheatre.net (603) 669-7469
ALL TOGETHER NOW / November 12-13 at 6:30 p.m.
- Join us on Friday November 12th and Saturday November 13th for our 16th Annual Auction and Performance Fundraiser. All together now! is a global celebration of local theater. Come and enjoy performances by adult, adolescent and youth actors from Majestic, silent auctions and raffles, all for the benefit of future artistic and musical opportunities for the community.
- Enjoy songs from Willy Wonka, Fiddler on the Roof, Ragtime, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Disney’s High School Musical, Les Misérables, Into the Woods, Mamma Mia, Disney’s Frozen, Disney’s Mary Poppins, Oliver, Once on This Island, My Fair Lady , Waitress, American idiot and rent!
BEYOND THE RIVER AND THROUGH THE WOODS / November 19-21
- Nick is an Italian-American bachelor from New Jersey. Her parents retired and moved to Florida. That doesn’t mean his family isn’t in Jersey yet. In fact, he sees his grandparents’ two sets every Sunday for dinner. It’s routine until he has to tell them he’s been offered a dream job. The job he was waiting for – marketing manager – would take him away from his beloved, but boring grandparents. He tells them. The news is not that good. So begins a series of ploys to keep Nick around. How could he betray his family’s love to move to Seattle, for a job, his grandparents wonder? Well, Frank, Aida, Nunzio and Emma are doing their best, and that includes bringing the lovely and single Caitlin O’Hare to dinner as bait… we won’t give the end here.
ROBERT DIONNE PIANO NOL / November 27 at 7 p.m.
- Robert’s most popular piano / voice cabaret of the year returns “in person” to the Majestic Theater! Start the holiday season with us as Robert plays all your winter and Christmas classics and favorites, plus a few requests! A night of music and memories that will warm your heart as you sing, listen or remember. Perfect for the whole family.
TRIVIA: “Ghostbusters” 21+ / November 11e at 7:30 p.m.
- Chunky’s Manchester / www.chunkys.com
- Reserve a seat with a $ 5 food voucher per person. Team up to 6 people.
MUSIC: Moondance – Ultimate Van Morrison Tribute / November 11e
MUSIC: Piano duel with the flying ivories / November 11e
THEATER: The Wedding Singer / November 12-21
COMEDY THIS WEEKEND:
- Brian Regan / The Music Hall (Portsmouth) / November 11e at 20 hours
- Tupelo Night of Comedy / Tupelo MH (Derry) / November 12e at 20 hours
- Kyle Crawford / Chunky’s (Manchester) / November 12e & 13e at 8:30 p.m.
- Chris Zito / Headliner’s (Manchester) / November 13 at 8:30 p.m.
Email your entertainment events to [email protected] for exam. Be sure to add your events to the InkLink calendar for possible inclusion in the live radio reporting on WMNH 95.3 (The Morning Show with Peter White – “World of Entertainment” LIVE Thursdays at 8:00 am).