This week’s roundup of live entertainment in and around Manchester is brought to you by A. Robert Dionne of Ted Herbert Music School & Rentals. Email your entertainment events to [email protected] for review. Be sure to add your events to the InkLink Community Calendar for possible inclusion in the live radio report on WMNH 95.3 (The Morning Show with Peter White – “World of Entertainment” LIVE every Thursday at 8am)
THURSDAY JUNE 2
- Eric Lindberg / Foundry (Manchester) / 5 p.m.
- J-Lo / Murphy’s (Manchester) / 5:30 p.m.
- Dave Zangri / Firefly (Manchester) / 6 p.m.
- Hey Dana / To Share Brewing Company (Manchester) / 6:30 p.m.
- Sean Coleman / Copper Door (Bedford) / 7 p.m.
- Ralph Allen / T-Bones (Bedford) / 7 p.m.
FRIDAY JUNE 3
- John Chouinard / The Hill Bar and Grill at McIntyre (Manchester) / 5:30 p.m.
- Chris Chronopoulos / Village Trestle (Goffstown) / 6 p.m.
- Jeff Mrozek / Bus Stop (Londonderry) / 6pm
- Justin Cohn / Backyard Brewery (Manchester) / 6 p.m.
- Jordan Quinn / Chez Fratello (Manchester) / 6 p.m.
- Rob & Jody / Telly’s (Epping) / 8 p.m.
- Kick / The Goat (Manchester) / 9 p.m.
- Wired For Sound / Shaskeen (Manchester) / 9pm
SATURDAY JUNE 4
- Acoustic jam / Zone 23 (Concord) / 2 p.m.
- Austin McCarthy / Murphy’s (Bedford) / 6 p.m.
- Paul Gormely / Homestead (Merrimack) / 6 p.m.
- Gerry Beaudoin / Hermano’s (Concord) / 6:30 p.m.
- Group EXP / Bonfire (Manchester) / 7 p.m.
- Jonny Friday / Stumble Inn (Londonderry) / 8pm
- The Bar Hoppers / Derryfield (Manchester) / 8 p.m.
- Pop Farmers / Pasta Loft (Milford) / 8:30 p.m.
SUNDAY JUNE 5
- Steve Prisby / Copper Gate (Bedford) / 11am
- Phil Jacques / Copper Door (Salem) / 11am
- Dave Clark Jr. / Elm Street House of Pizza (Manchester) / 2 p.m.
- Dakota Smart / Chen Yang Li (Arc) / 3 p.m.
- Bob Pratte / Trestle Village (Goffstown) / 3:30 p.m.
- Joannie Cicatelli / Murphy’s (Bedford) / 4 p.m.
Always be sure to check a venue’s website or Facebook page for last-minute changes.
The Rex Theater
23 Amherst Street ~ www.rextheatre.org (603)668-5588
FNC at the Rex – LENNY CLARKE / June 3rd at 7:30 p.m.
Legendary Boston comedian Lenny Clarke is back on the road with his “No Holds Barred” comedy tour! Lenny has been featured on Dennis Leary FX’s RESCUE ME and has also starred in major comedy films; There’s something about Mary, Fever Pitch, Stuck on You and Me, Irene and myself to name a few! Lenny Clarke spent several years as the host of open mic nights at the famous comedy club Ding Ho in Cambridge, MA and traveled the world as a stand-up comedian. His comedic abilities caught the eye of Rodney Dangerfield, who gave him his first big break by casting him in Nothin’ Goes Right. He and Dangerfield also worked together years later on Meet Wally Sparks.
COMPAQ BIG BAND / June 5e at 2 p.m.
Authentic 20-piece big band, experience the world-renowned Compaq Big Band. They’ve been rocking New England since 1975, with a big band repertoire that begins by honoring ’30s and ’40s classics performed by bands from Glenn Miller, Artie Shaw, Tommy Dorsey, Count Basie, Duke Ellington and other big ones. We balance instrumental arrays and horn characteristics with vocal numbers such as those popularized by Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Bobby Darin, Frankie Randall, Nancy Wilson, Diane Schuur and many more.
The Palace Theater
80 Hannover Street ~ www.palacetheatre.org (603)668-5588
LEGALLY BLONDE – THE MUSICAL / June 3-26 (mainstage)
A fabulously fun, award-winning musical based on the beloved film, Legally Blonde The Musical, follows Elle Woods’ transformation as she tackles stereotypes and scandal in pursuit of her dreams. Action-packed and explosive with memorable songs and dynamic dances – this musical is so much fun it should be illegal! Elle Woods seems to have it all. Her life is turned upside down when her boyfriend Warner dumps her so he can attend Harvard Law. Determined to get it back, Elle ingeniously manages to make her way to the prestigious law school. There, she struggles with her peers, her teachers and her ex. With the support of a few new friends, however, Elle quickly realizes her potential and sets out to prove herself to the world.
The Majestic Theater
880 Page Street ~ www.majestictheatre.net (603)669-7469
ROBERT DIONNE – A BROADWAY AFTERNOON / June 12e at 2 p.m. (Studio Theatre)
Robert’s hugely popular Interactive Broadway Cabaret returns to the Majestic Studio stage! Join us for all your favorite Broadway tunes, from classics to today. Listen, sing or tap your feet at this great community music event. Robert will also be joined by some of your favorite Majestic soloists who will make brief “guest appearances”.
ALPHABET BROADWAY CABARET BY JOCELYN DUFORD / June 18e at 7 p.m. (Studio Theater)
Jocelyn Duford presents her acclaimed one-woman show “ABC: Alphabet Broadway Cabaret”. With a musical theater song for each letter of the alphabet; ABC is hilarious and poignant at times as Jocelyn changes wigs, costumes, and characters while showcasing the talent and artistry she’s known for.
QUEEN’S CITY IMPROVEMENT. / June 2n/a 7:30 p.m. / Hatbox Theater (Concord)
Queen City Improv are Manchester’s best improv troupe, and they’re bringing their act to the capital! Join QCI as they run a night of goofs, goofs and laughs through a never-before-seen show, every night! The improvisation theater is composed on site, which means that the games are planned but not the story scenes! What will they come up with next? Join us to find out! www.hatboxnh.com
COMEDY BENEFIT: Drew Dunn and Paul Landwehr / June 3rd at 7 p.m. / Stark Mill Brewing Company (Manchester)
A pair of local stand-ups featured: Drew Dunn and Paul Landwehr entertain to support
Game Plan Sports, an organization that helps young athletes with strength and conditioning programs. Dunn is a former winner of comedy competitions in Boston, Seattle and Burbank. Landwehr has appeared on NPR and Tupelo Night of Comedy. Tickets to www.GamePlanSportsNH.org
EXHIBITION: THE PEOPLE’S SCULPTOR: THE LIFE AND WORK OF JOHN ROGERS / Until September / Millyard Museum (Manchester)
This exhibition celebrates the art of American sculptor John Rogers, who came to Manchester in 1850, and explores the influence Manchester had on Rogers’ life and work. Presented by the Manchester Historic Association to the Millyard Museum. Call
603-622-7531 or visit www.manchesterhistoric.org/millyard-museum
Email your entertainment events to [email protected] for exam. Be sure to add your events to the InkLink calendar for possible inclusion in the live radio report on WMNH 95.3 (The Morning Show with Peter White – “World of Entertainment” LIVE every Thursday at 8am).